Sunday 1 September 2013

The very beginning...

So it's a start, after many years of procrastination, pouring over old Railway Modellers, drooling over Yaxbury in MRJ, Penhydd on the web and many other inspirational layouts (Abbotsbury Southern, High Beck & Netherton, Blythborough etc etc), I'm about to make a start.

I've always wanted my own branch line.  I had a real one for a time between Leicester and Burton, that was great fun but now I look after St Pancras to Chesterfield and Branches so I've decided to opt for a much smaller version - N gauge.  What!  Hands thrown up in horror!  I've only ever modelled in OO in the past, however, space constraints and mainly time considerations have pointed me towards 2mm - oh and the superb looking models these days.  The idea I've toyed with is a little branch around the walls of my small upstairs office, intermingling with the furniture and things - unusual but practical I think.

So there we are, more to follow.  Suffice to say if a 25 meandering along a Staffordshire/Derbyshire branchline first thing on a winters morning with the two coach newspaper/parcels train (portion of 1K00 Crewe - Stoke), arriving at a dimly lit terminus as the branch begins to wake for the day sounds enigmatic then hopefully this may appeal to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment